We are so grateful to be back helping with our patient’s eye care needs. Concern about COVID-19 is understandable and appropriate. As health care providers, we have taken numerous steps throughout the office to protect staff and patients. These include:
• Staff will wear masks, gloves, face shields and/or protective eyewear when unable to social distance
• We are asking that all patients entering the practice sanitize their hands and wear a mask during their time in the office
• We ask that patients enter the clinic alone unless another person is necessary (parent of a child, mobility aide, translator)
• Eye examinations are appropriately scheduled to minimize wait time and to limit the number of people in the office at a given time
• Acrylic panel dividers at numerous patient encounter points
• Full exam room and office touchpoint sanitation protocols
• Optical frame sanitation after every patient experience
• We will be asking you to reschedule if you have COVID symptoms such as a cough, fever, or shortness of breath, or have been exposed to anyone with COVID 19 or have travelled outside the country within the last 14 days.
We recognize the fluidity of the situation and are taking every precaution to provide safe care for all.